We deliver reforestation services to forest licensees, the mining industry, oil and gas providers, the public and woodlot owners across Canada.
Our team provides for aforestation, reforestation and reclamation situations. This includes planting prescriptions, the provision of comprehensive budgets and tree sourcing using our buying power. Spectrum can field a large contingent of highly motivated and trained workers whenever and wherever required. We can tackle the demands of any size or type of planting project.
With more than 25 years of experience in the reforestation industry, our highly experienced workforce employs cutting edge silviculture techniques using our Reforestation Management System (RMS) to provide constant control on quality and production, thereby ensuring excellent results. Safety is paramount at Spectrum and all of our crews are trained to adhere to the highest industry safety standards.
Spectrum is seeking Tree Planters for our 2023 reforestation season. To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Learn more below or click here to view/print the full job description. Interested in a visual? We’ve created 2023 tree planting season guides you can download or print, simply click one of the following links: general season guide or veterans guide.
Almost 15+ million trees to be planted in the spring and summer planting season.
- BCTS- Fort St. James
- Canfor- Vanderhoof
- Sinclar- Bear Lake
- Canfor- Mackenzie
- BCTS- Dawson Creek
Average tree prices will range from 15.5 to 18.0 cents per tree depending on which camp and which contracts are worked. We pay stat and vacation on top of the quoted tree price which is rare in the industry. Spectrum’s 15.5-cent trees = 16.7 cents to you.
- Seedling handling
- Planting location selection
- Tree quality inspection
- Tree spacing inspection
- Participation in safety initiatives
What You Bring
- Decision making skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions
- The ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Map reading skills
- The physical ability to perform highly demanding role
- Willingness to work, enjoy, and live in a remote setting
- Willingness to live in a tent and camp under the stars
- Preparation for work in all weather conditions
- The ability to carry 50+ pounds
- Commitment to spring & summer plant (May 1 to August 15)
- A good work ethic, a positive attitude & willingness to contribute
What You Can Expect
- Spectrum’s camps consist of a kitchen unit, dining tent, shower trailers, latrines, drying facilities, laundry facilities, fresh drinking water, and full food service. All camps have internet access.
- Experienced Supervisors and Crew Leaders, drivers that are trained in-house through a resource road driver training program overseen by the BC Forest Safety Council. All management and safety sensitive positions are deemed fit for duty through pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Training and mentorship throughout the journey of learning how to plant. For several years, Spectrum has maintained a 60-70% veteran planter ratio, giving new planters ample opportunity to learn from peers and have a high saturation of planter knowledge.
- A proactive approach to safety and injury prevention. Onsite OFA Level 3 attendants who are trained specifically in tree planting related injury prevention. Spectrum works with TotalPhysio and has access to pre-season taping clinics to help with injury prevention and on-going injury management, as well as access to virtual appointments with physiotherapists for quick and remote in-season injury assessment and injury management
- A 3 day on, 1 day off schedule rotation.
- Tree planters are responsible for bringing all of their own personal items including clothing, footwear, toiletries, tents, and tarps. Spectrum has planting equipment available for purchase.
Meet Our Crew Leaders
- Mish Bunn
- Devin Campisi
- Felix Dionne
- Lisa Dyck
- Jade Dye
- Kat Hastings
- Ryan Keilty
- Levi Mitchell
- Emily Wahlers
2022 Season Fun Facts
- A total of 16,700,000 trees planted
- Top Female Planter: 187,843 trees planted
- Top Male Planter: 179,084 trees planted
- Top 10 Planters: 1,606,454 trees planted
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter.