Spectrum COVID-19 Update
At Spectrum Resource Group Inc., we strive to provide a safe, healthy, caring and productive work environment for our employees while delivering creative services and solutions to our clients. As we prepare for our spring and summer seasons we are reinforcing our hygiene and infectious disease control systems.
With the COVID-19 situation evolving daily, and sometimes hourly, it is important to note that measures, means and conditions will also change and adapt. We are taking steps to mitigate and help prevent the spread with special attention to our work camps during the tree planting season that runs from late April to late August. We are reinforcing our hygiene and infectious disease control systems. We have education and training sessions planned that will reflect the most up to date information that we can source.
We will continue to follow government-imposed restrictions set forth and take industry recommendations into account to ensure the safety of our employees and the communities we are in. These restrictions will likely push the start of our season back later than normal. We project to plant all of our trees this season.
We ask that you continue to follow these general guidelines for prevention.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Social distancing; try to limit non-essential travel, use remote communication, keep a minimum of a metre, or 3′, distance from others.
People who are sick with any of the symptoms should seek a diagnosis and self-isolate. During, and immediately following recovery, the self- isolation period should be maintained until any risk of infecting someone else has passed.
This is an ongoing and developing issue and you are advised to follow the news in your local area for any indication of the health of people around you.
Spectrum Resource Group Management Team