Wildfire Risk Reduction Worker
Join our team as a wildfire risk reduction worker. To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Learn more below.
Spectrum Resource Group is an integrated vegetation management solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation in forestry, oil and gas, utility, and community resource industries across Canada.
We are a privately held company that has been in business since 1986. Over our many years in operation, we have distinguished ourselves from our competitors by developing a highly-educated workforce of professionals who use their years of experience in the field to deliver an inter-disciplinary approach to vegetation management.
- Working on public lands to reduce wildfire risks by decreasing the fuel load using chainsaws and fire mitigation techniques such as creating burn piles to dispose of brush in a controlled manner.
- Inform the public, as needed, about the intention of the project.
- Represent Spectrum in the community that we are working in.
What You Bring
- Safety focused,
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Previous experience operating pick-up trucks safely in various road conditions will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience and/ or certification in the use of chainsaws.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Background in Natural Resource Management or education in a related field is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Valid Level 1 First Aid Ticket and Transportation Endorsement.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test if hired for a safety-sensitive position.
What Spectrum Offers
- A fun and collaborative work environment,
- Competitive salary, and,
- Drive to nurture and grow our business.
Spectrum Resource Group Inc. provides equal opportunity for employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Spectrum is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spectrum Resource Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.