Tree Planter 2023 Season
Spectrum is seeking Tree Planters for our 2023 reforestation season. To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Learn more below or click here to view/print the full job description. Interested in a visual? We’ve created 2023 tree planting season guides you can download or print, simply click one of the following links: general season guide or veterans guide.
Almost 15+ million trees to be planted in the spring and summer planting season! Our main contracts this season include:
- BCTS- Fort St. James
- Canfor- Vanderhoof
- Sinclar- Bear Lake
- Canfor- Mackenzie
- BCTS- Dawson Creek
Spectrum Resource Group is an integrated vegetation management (IVM) solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation. We provide these services to federal, provincial, regional, local and Indigenous governments, to the forestry, energy, minds, petroleum, transportation and utility sectors, and to numerous regional invasive species organizations across Canada.
Average tree prices will range from 15.5 to 18.0 cents per tree depending on which camp and which contracts are worked. We pay stat and vacation on top of the quoted tree price which is rare in the industry. Spectrum’s 15.5-cent trees = 16.7 cents to you.
- Seedling handling
- Planting location selection
- Tree quality inspection
- Tree spacing inspection
- Participation in safety initiatives
What You Bring
- Decision making skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions
- The ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Map reading skills
- The physical ability to perform highly demanding role
- Willingness to work, enjoy, and live in a remote setting
- Willingness to live in a tent and camp under the stars
- Preparation for work in all weather conditions
- The ability to carry 50+ pounds
- Commitment to spring & summer plant (May 1 to August 15)
- A good work ethic, a positive attitude & willingness to contribute
What You Can Expect
- Spectrum’s camps consist of a kitchen unit, dining tent, shower trailers, latrines, drying facilities, laundry facilities, fresh drinking water, and full food service. All camps have internet access.
- Experienced Supervisors and Crew Leaders, drivers that are trained in-house through a resource road driver training program overseen by the BC Forest Safety Council. All management and safety sensitive positions are deemed fit for duty through pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Training and mentorship throughout the journey of learning how to plant. For several years, Spectrum has maintained a 60-70% veteran planter ratio, giving new planters ample opportunity to learn from peers and have a high saturation of planter knowledge.
- A proactive approach to safety and injury prevention. Onsite OFA Level 3 attendants who are trained specifically in tree planting related injury prevention. Spectrum works with TotalPhysio and has access to pre-season taping clinics to help with injury prevention and on-going injury management, as well as access to virtual appointments with physiotherapists for quick and remote in-season injury assessment and injury management
- A 3 day on, 1 day off schedule rotation.
- Tree planters are responsible for bringing all of their own personal items including clothing, footwear, toiletries, tents, and tarps. Spectrum has planting equipment available for purchase.
Meet Our Crew Leaders
Spectrum Resource Group Inc. provides equal opportunity for employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Spectrum is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Spectrum Resource Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.