Join our team as a silviculture technician. To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Learn more below.
Spectrum Resource Group is an integrated vegetation management solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation in forestry, oil and gas, utility, and community resource industries across Canada.
We are a privately held company that has been in business since 1986. Over our many years in operation, we have distinguished ourselves from our competitors by developing a highly-educated workforce of professionals who use their years of experience in the field to deliver an inter-disciplinary approach to vegetation management.
Spectrum is offering signing bonuses between May 18th and June 3rd, 2022, to silviculture technician new hires. Employees must be employed at Spectrum for 12 consecutive weeks (480.00 hours worked) to be eligible to receive a $1000.00 bonus.
Spectrum is also offering incentives per 10-day shift:
- Average 30 plots per day: bonus of $250.00 each paycheque
- Average 45 plots per day: bonus of $500.00 each paycheque
We are currently seeking Silviculture Technicians to join our team from our BC operations.
- Conduct silviculture surveys (generally May/June/September/October),
- Layout for forestry crop release management operations (July/August),
- Implementation of forestry crop release management operations (August),
- Planting and manual brushing (crop release) quality,
- Vegetation management contract implementation,
- Operation of 4WD trucks and ATVs, and,
- Shift work, typically 10-on-4-off, dependent upon location and contract logistics.
Preferred – not required
- Accreditation as a Silviculture Surveyor would be an asset,
- Forest Tech/Natural Resource Diploma or enrolled in 2nd year of a Resource Management Program,
- Minimum of one season of experience in related or similar forestry work,
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract,
- Proficient with Avenza, Survey Wizard, and MS Office.
What You Bring
- Safety focused,
- Passion for Forestry and working outdoors,
- Good time management and organizational skills, and
- Can work effectively in both team environments and independently.
What Spectrum Offers
- A fun and collaborative work environment,
- Competitive salary,
- Full-time work with opportunities for immediate advancement, and,
- Competitive compensation package.
- Permanent full-time
- Seasonal (4–6-month terms)
Spectrum Resource Group Inc. provides equal opportunity for employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Spectrum is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spectrum Resource Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.