Silviculture Surveying Supervisor
Join our team as a silviculture surveying supervisor. To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Learn more below.
Spectrum Resource Group is an integrated vegetation management solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation in forestry, oil and gas, utility, and community resource industries across Canada.
We are a privately held company that has been in business since 1986. Over our many years in operation, we have distinguished ourselves from our competitors by developing a highly-educated workforce of professionals who use their years of experience in the field to deliver an inter-disciplinary approach to vegetation management.
We are currently seeking a Silviculture Surveying Supervisor to join our team for our BC operations
Spectrum is offering signing bonuses between April 8th and May 31st, 2022, to new hires. Employees must be employed at
Spectrum for 12 consecutive weeks (480.00 hours worked) to be eligible to receive a $1000.00 bonus.
$250.00-$350.00 per day (rate based on experience and qualifications).
- Conduct silviculture surveys (generally May/June/September/October),
- Layout for forestry crop release management operations (July/August),
- Implementation of forestry crop release management operations (August),
- Planting and manual brushing (crop release) quality,
- Vegetation management contract implementation,
- Operation of 4WD trucks and ATVs, and,
- Shift work, typically 10-on-4-off, dependent upon location and contract logistics.
- Ensure compliance on all OH&S related aspects
- Ensure Spectrum policies are followed (ex. mandatory oil changes – 5,000 KM, vehicle transfers, etc.),
- First point of contact for field techs,
- Assist Project Manager and Human Resources with hiring and personnel resource requirements, such as:
- Assist Project Manager with pre-season set-up of online shared documents, GPS and iPad devices and budget tracking sheets,
- Deliver and assist Project Manager with in-house job training and external training coordination,
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly work plans for the crew,
- Work with crews on sites daily (expectation is 80% minimum field-based). Assist crews with daily operations (incl. data collection),
- Accreditation as a Silviculture Surveyor
- Registered or eligible to enroll within the ABCFP,
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract,
- Occupational first aid level 1 first aid and transportation endorsement certs considered an asset
- Proficiency with Avenza, SNAP, Survey Wizard, and MS Office is considered a strong asset
What You Bring
- Safety focused,
- Passion for Forestry and working outdoors,
- Good time management and organizational skills, and,
- Can work effectively in both team environments and independently.
What Spectrum Offers
- A fun and collaborative work environment,
- Industry-leading pay,
- Full-time work with opportunities for immediate advancement, and,
- Competitive compensation package.
- Permanent full-time
- Seasonal (4–6-month terms)
Spectrum Resource Group Inc. provides equal opportunity for employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Spectrum is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spectrum Resource Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.