Invasive Plant Management Technician
Join our team as an invasive plant management technician. To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Learn more below.
Spectrum Resource Group is an integrated vegetation management solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation in forestry, oil and gas, utility, and community resource industries across Canada.
We are a privately held company that has been in business since 1986. Over our many years in operation, we have distinguished ourselves from our competitors by developing a highly-educated workforce of professionals who use their years of experience in the field to deliver an inter-disciplinary approach to vegetation management.
Spectrum is seeking Invasive Plant Management Technicians for our 2022 summer field season projects. Contract length is from early May to late September.
Spectrum is offering signing bonuses between June 16th and July 15th, 2022, to new hires. Employees must be employed at Spectrum for 12 consecutive weeks (600.00 hours worked) to be eligible to receive a $500.00 bonus.
- Inventory and control of invasive plants throughout BC and Alberta,
- Select and implement appropriate management and control practices,
- Promote awareness of invasive species to the public on a day-to-day basis,
- Collect and interpret invasive species population data and monitor control efficacy,
- Work is outdoors. Work localities include highway and resource road rights-of-way, oil and gas infrastructure, municipalities and rangeland, among others. Basically, wherever plants grow!
- Shift work ranging in length, and,
- Operation of ATVs and pick-up trucks on a daily basis in various road conditions.
- 100 Mile House
- Clinton/Cache Creek
- Prince George
- Prince Rupert
- Williams Lake
- Vancouver Island (Nanaimo)
What You Bring
- Safety focused,
- Demonstrate ability to both work independently and as part of a team,
- Previous experience operating AT’s and pick-up trucks safely on various road conditions will be considered an asset,
- Previous experience completing vegetation surveys and invasive plant identification skills are an asset,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment,
- Background in Natural Resource Management or education in a related field is an asset,
- One year of post-secondary education in environmental sciences or a related field is an asset,
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract,
- BC Industrial Vegetation Herbicide Applicator’s Certificate (will assist in obtaining certificate),
- Valid Level 1 First Aid Ticket and Transportation Endorsement (will assist in obtainingn certificates), and,
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
What Spectrum Offers
- A fun and collaborative work environment,
- Competitive salary, and,
- Drive to nurture and grow our business.
Spectrum Resource Group Inc. provides equal opportunity for employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Spectrum is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spectrum Resource Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.