Invasive Plant Management Technician
Spectrum is seeking Invasive Plant Management Technicians for our 2023 season. To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter. Learn more below or click here to view/print the full job description.
- Position will take place in various locations across BC
- The position will commence in the Spring of 2023
Spectrum Resource Group is an integrated vegetation management (IVM) solutions provider with expertise in vegetation management, forest management, and reforestation. We provide these services to federal, provincial, regional, local and Indigenous governments, to the forestry, energy, minds, petroleum, transportation and utility sectors, and to numerous regional invasive species organizations across Canada.
- Hiring Incentive Bonus
- Competitive Salary
- Employee ownership through deferred share units
- Comprehensive extended Health Benefits for year-round employees
- Annual footwear (field boots) allowance for year-round employees
What We Offer
- Training opportunities (First Aid, H2S, relevant certificates needed for employment)
- Year-round and seasonal employment
- The opportunity to explore Canada’s beautiful backcountry
- Opportunities to work across North America
- Growth opportunities (into management roles)
- Mentorship/ sponsorship for professional development (RPF, RFT, P.Ag, RP Bio.)
- Inventory and control of invasive plants throughout BC and Alberta
- Select and implement appropriate management and control practices
- Promote awareness of invasive species to the public on a day-to-day basis
- Collect and interpret invasive species population data and monitor control efficacy
- Work is outdoors. Work localities include highway and resource road rights-of-way, oil and gas infrastructure, municipalities, and rangeland, among others. Basically, wherever plants grow!
What You Bring
- A safety conscious attitude
- A love of the outdoors
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Post-secondary education in forestry or a related field (considered an asset)
- Previous experience operating ATVs and pick-up trucks safely on various road conditions will be considered an asset
- Punctuality, dependability, and accountability in the field
- The ability to be an aware and helpful vehicle passenger
- The ability to work away from home for periods of time
Spectrum Resource Group Inc. provides equal opportunity for employment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Spectrum is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Spectrum Resource Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.